R.I.P Andy Irons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

R.I.P Andy Irons

Post  Drew Smity Smith on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Phillip Andrew Irons (Andy Irons) was born July 24th 1978. He was one of the best surfers in the world. Sadly Andrew Irons was reported dead in a hotel room in Dallas, Texas a few days ago, Nov 2nd to be exact. The National Surfers Association said he had dropped out of a major surf competition because he was feeling sick, and on his way back to home, Hawaii, he died Sad . At first the N.S.A (National Surfers...) said that Andy had died of dengue fever, but yesterday afternoon the Officials found an empty bottle of methadone (Prescription drug used to help quit doing heroin) inside of his room. Andy's death is going to be a giant impact on the surfing world because he was definitely one of the best surfers out there. Now without Andy, the Current #1 is going to have no competition. Andy also had a pregnant wife back at home in Hawaii. This is one of the most tragic events in surfing history. bananarama

Drew Smity Smith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Too bad

Post  Andrew G Kiousis on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:33 pm

It really sucks that Andy had to die so young. I just don't get the fact on why he would overdose on pills. I wonder where he will be berried, or cremated and set in the ocean.
Andrew G Kiousis
Newcomer
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Andy Irons

Post  Reny P. on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Yes, its really sad that Phillip Andrew Irons was unfortunately found dead. Even though people may say he died because of dengue, i believe he died of overdose. Recently people keep dying of overdoes, famous people, and even the ones we love. For example Heath Ledger in 2008 and Michael Jackson in 2009. Now its Andy Irons in 2010. Don't people notice that drugs can kill you? Maybe they make you feel good or happy but the down effect is 10 worse. Three amazing people have already died from it, don't they notice what it does? I guess its true what people say, no one really knows what they have until its gone.
Reny P.
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon A on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:21 pm

It is always sad to learn that the world has lost yet another significant person. He is surely in a better place now, i heard heaven is beautiful. Despite the depression, this is how life works... Death is a part of life, its a shame because he was very young. May his soul rest in peace. He will be forever in our hearts... and surfboards.

Shannon A
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Gian Antonio on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:04 pm

It was a very sad event when Andy was reported dead, i was watching the live competition on monday the 1st and he had quit the competition because he was feeling sick but supposively nothing major, and like drew said he was found in a nearby hotel to the airport dead, with two bottles of methadone beside him one empty and the other one full. This was very tragic, the whole surfing world was in shock so they gave 3 days of to all surfing events around the world in his memory.

Gian Antonio
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Back to top Go down

RIP A. Irons

Post  chiaracasoni on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 pm

This was a very bad loss for all surfers. He influenced people in many ways, with his dedication. Hopefully his son will be as pro as him and be one of the best in the world. It would be great Smile

chiaracasoni
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Andy Irons

Post  Maria Jose on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Andy Irons was a huge inspiration for many. His great surfing skills got him discovered in the surfing world. He won three world titles, and many other competitions. His death was a great impact since he was so young and such a good surfer. Andy Irons will be remembered and respected for his surfing, forever.. R.I.P Andy Smile

Maria Jose
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

R.IP Andy Irons

Post  JMertes on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:07 pm

This was very tragic for many surfers. Many of them looked up on Andy as their hero. He had incredible surfing skills, he inspired people in many ways. He was a champion. I bet he just loved to get up in the morning and first thing he did was go out and ride that wave. Surfing people will always remember him and have him in their heart.

JMertes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Back to top Go down

Andy Irons :(

Post  Offek on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:40 pm

I can't believe Andy Irons actually died. He was an idol for everyone and not just because of his surfing skills. After his death he is leaving a lonely which is pregnant. I also can't believe he was addicted to drugs. Well, nobody is perfect. I hope this wouldn't have happend but we can't change history. Let's just keep living bananarama
Offek
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Andy Irons

Post  kknoff on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:36 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Andy really influenced me and surfing. i watched many of his surf videos and he was really just amazing. he was Kelly Slaters only real rival. he was the one who brought Kelly back into the sport after pretty much retiring. it was very shocking Shocked Shocked Shocked that he passed away because of a drug overdose. this brought down how i thought about him a lot but he will always be a legend in the surf world. No No No No No

kknoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum