The League of Nations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The League of Nations

Post  Romane D. on Mon May 04, 2015 11:49 pm

The League of Nations was an inter nation organization that was founded in 1919 to keep world peace. Normally, all countries would be part of the League and if ever there were any fights between the countries they would discuss it and not fight. It was a good idea but it was a failure. The whole world was hit by a depression in the late 1920’s, the economy fell. There were about four main reasons that explain the failure of the League of Nations:
Not all of the countries joined the League.
They had no power because when the world was hit by the depression the countries were still trading with non-member countries.
They had no army.
The League was unable to react quickly.

What can you tell me about the League of Nations?
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The League of Nations

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Tue May 05, 2015 12:09 am

The League of Nations was a good idea, and it later sparked the United Nations. Then the Model United Nations derived and is being applied in many schools. Our school attend many conferences, and I have attended. I think its a great way to make student and young minds to think and try to problem solve the situations going on in the real world.
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mira W. on Tue May 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Their idea that war should be the last resort later led Nevile Chamberlain to allow Germany's advances into Rhineland. He thought he was ensuring peace, while instead he was further emboldening Hitler. Yet I don't think the British Prime Minister should be blamed completely for WWII; Hitler was very dedicated and aggressive and probably would have executed his plans anyway. We should learn from past mistakes and never blame a world war on a single country or person.
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum