life existence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

life existence

Post  Alicia M. on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:56 am

Humans have been wondering for generations if life exists in other places than on planet Earth. Famous people claimed to have seen strange things. For example, back in the 3rd century BC, Alexander the Great makes mention of 'two huge silver shields in the sky that were spitting fire around'. Edmond Halley, who discovered the Halley's Comet, has also recorded the spotting of a 'vast body, apparently bigger than moon', in the year 1676. While on the deck of Santa Maria, Christopher Columbus spotted a shiny glimmering light in the sky that moved up and down. After a while it vanished, only to reappear several times in the night. Extraterrestrial objects appeared around the 1900s, when aliens and spaceships entered public life through novels and comic books.

On July 7, 1947, an unidentified flying object crashed near Roswell, New Mexico. While the official statement mentions the crash of a surveillance balloon, conspiracy theorists and alien-enthusiasts have had a field day ever since, claiming the crashed object was an alien spaceship. The time theory states that visiting aliens are visitors from the future, traveling back in time using their time-travel machines.

I personally don’t believe in that theory because I don’t think it is possible to make a time machine even though technology is extremely advanced nowadays and develops more and more every day. However, I do believe that life exits somewhere else than the Planet Earth. I mean the universe is infinite and humans have not even visited one percent of it. Maybe it’s even possible for a planet to have life without sun and uses something else for energy. The only thing we are sure of is that the planets visited by humans do not contain any trace of life.
Alicia M.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

NICE

Post  Joshua T on Mon May 04, 2015 3:14 pm

Very interesting topic alicia. I guess we will never know. I do believe that we arent the only ones living in this universe. I am pretty sure that there are probably people just like us out there.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: life existence

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Tue May 05, 2015 12:28 am

This topic always freaked me out a lot! The universe is bigger than we will ever know and the fact that we have no idea what wonders out there, creeps me out. I don't belive that we are the only ones here, and i do believe that there is a greater force out there. Interesting topic Alicia Smile
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mira W. on Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Mathematically - logically - it would be impossible that we are the only life present in our Universe. It is the reason I love looking at the moon and the starts: they remind me how my problems may seem enormous and terrible to me, but compared to the infinite Universe, they are trivial matters. I hope that when I die, I won't just be a miniscule speck of life within millions, but that I will be able to positively affect our world. Instead of being an organism that wastes space and oxygen, I hope it will be worth it that I was born.
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum