Germany after the war

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Germany after the war

Post  Gloria H. on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:46 am

after world war one, where Germany had to sign the guilt clause and they were forced to pay reparations for the war. they had to pay 33 billion dollars of reparations. Germany’s conscription was banned, and so was the Air Force. They were only allowed six battleships. They lost about 10% of their land and 12% of their population. Germans were being ordered to pay six thousand, six hundred million every year. They thought it was a good idea to print off more money, but they then realized that the money lost almost all its value, before the war a us dollar was equivalent to 4 of the germans money, after the war it was 4.2 trillion marks for ONE US DOLLAR! people used it to play, to start fires for anything, the food and everything went up in cost, people were starving and had no way to pay for food or any needs. If the reparations had not been cancelled and due to the money that was lent from the US to gemrany to help rebuild their country and economy to then be able to pay them badk and the reparations, and also due to Adolf Hitler's , Germany would have had to continue paying until 1984.

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Re: Germany after the war

Post  CicelyS on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:56 am

in my opinion, I think it was extremely unfair how other countries treated Germany after the war. I think that every country that participated should have taken responsibilty for their actions and not have just blamed it all on the Germans. Great postt
CicelyS
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Vasilisa on Tue May 05, 2015 11:10 am

From my point of view that was way too harsh for Germany. Basically the League of Nations asked for Germany to attack again to gain more power. It made the economy in Germany fall to the lowest it could, and it was a disaster.

Vasilisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mira W. on Tue May 05, 2015 1:25 pm

CicelyS wrote:in my opinion, I think it was extremely unfair how other countries treated Germany after the war. I think that every country that participated should have taken responsibilty for their actions and not have just blamed it all on the Germans. Great postt

I completely agree. It takes more than one country to fight a world war, yet a Germany was the sole member to accept blame. In a way, I believe they had a right to want revenge... Neville Chamberlain cannot be blamed for Germany's advances. Had the Peace Conference not shoved all guilt onto Germany, Hitler might not have been able to gain so many followers. WWII was, again, the result of countless factors and mistakes made by every country in Europe.
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Romane D. on Tue May 05, 2015 11:25 pm

I think that 33 million dollars was exaggerated and it wasn’t exactly fair. They obviously didn’t have that kind of money. It wasn’t very smart from them to print so much money, it would devaluate the money way to much. We all know that Germany wasn't completely responsible for the cause of the World War I. Good topicccc <3
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum