Ray Bradbury; An Author to Remeber

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ray Bradbury; An Author to Remeber

Post  Ophirkes on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:10 am

Ray Bradbury was a very important American author. He wrote some amazing books that are still being sold today! He was a storyteller, a poet, and one of America’s most beloved authors. In one of his books, Ray Bradbury took notice of what was happening around him and starting predicting what it would be like in the future. There were some cases in which he was very right. He predicted the use of technology, as well as the addiction of it. If you think about it, people today are addicted to their phones, computers, tablets, and TV’s. Some of the books that Ray Bradbury wrote are the following:
1. 1947 DARK CARNIVAL
2. 1950 THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES
3. 1951 THE ILLUSTRATED MAN
4. 1953 THE GOLDEN APPLES OF THE SUN
5. 1953 FAHRENHEIT 451
6. 1955 SWITCH ON THE NIGHT
7. 1955 THE OCTOBER COUNTRY
8. 1957 DANDELION WINE
9. 1959 A MEDICINE FOR MELANCHOLY (published in the UK as THE DAY IT RAINED FOREVER)
10. 1962 SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Ray Bradbury; An Author to Remeber

Post  dashas on Tue May 05, 2015 1:40 am

You've chosen an amazing topic.
Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite authors,to be honest. I've read some of the books, the names of which you've posted, and I was especially impressed by Fahrenheit 451. Bradbury had a talent not only of predicting the future, but also write it in a simple and interesting way. Now I'm starting to read the Dandelion Wine and expect it to be an impressing book I'll have a lot of interesting thought about.

dashas
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum