The Great Emperor Nero

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Great Emperor Nero

Post  Ophirkes on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:57 am

Nero was a Roman emperor who ruled Rome from 54 to 68 AD. He is remembered for his perverse mind and his persecutions of Christians. As a child, he had a very unstable life; the emperor Caligula banished his family from Rome at about 39 AD, seizing the entire family’s fortune, and his father died when he was only three years old. He was raised by his mother and they were poor. Due to this, his mother, Agrippina, married her uncle, the emperor Claudius. After Agrippina begged and begged, Claudius finally agreed to adopt Nero. In 54 AD, Agrippina murdered her husband, making Nero emperor at the age of 17.
At first, Nero’s mother had power, but then Nero removed Agrippina from the empire in 55 AD, because she was too involved in his business. Until 59 AD, Nero was known for his generosity and mildness. During this period, he forbade anything that had to do with bloodshed (shows) and reduced taxes. This side of Nero disappeared when he ordered the murder of his mother, who was accused of treason in 59 AD.

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Emperor Nero

Post  Alianny on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:06 am

Nero was not a great emperor. He was a horrible emperor and that is because he murdered many christians and blamed them on the burning of Rome when it was actually his fault. He would assault women in the night time. Nero would have christians killed during his parties in the Golden Palace as entertainment.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  rosim. on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:21 am

GREAT work Ophir!!! i really liked reading this topic. I enjoyed reading About Nero. His mom was not a very good person at least for me. she married her uncle and then killed him because she wanted her son to be the new Emperor.

rosim.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum