Easter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Easter

Post  CicelyS on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Easter, also called Resurrection Day, is a holiday. Among Christians, it is a celebration of Jesus Christ returning from the dead. Christians believe that it is the holiest day in the year. Some people who are not Christians celebrate it as the beginning of Spring. Although this is, in fact, true, there are Christians who do not associate Easter with Resurrection Day.

Easter is not held on the same date every year. Currently all Christian churches agree on how the date is calculated. Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday, following the first full moon, after the Spring Equinox; quite complicated. This means it is celebrated in March or April. It can occur as early as March 22 and as late as April 25. Western churches, like the Roman Catholic Church, use the Gregorian calendar, while Eastern churches, like the Eastern Orthodox Church, use the Julian calendar. Because of this the date of Easter celebrations is different for these two types of churches even though the way they calculate the date is the same. In 2015 Easter will be on April 5.
CicelyS
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Easter

Post  Joshua T on Mon May 04, 2015 3:22 pm

I celebrate easter with my family. For my family, it is that time of year in which we get together and crack eggs and eat easter bread. We celebrate the Armenian way.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum