current event #2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

current event #2

Post  Gloria H. on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:07 pm

today the turkish court restored access to social media, after more than 150 websites that published the photograph of a man with a gun to his head as he was being held hostage for the last week.The court ordered all the social media websites,that had the picture to be take it down. The group claimed responsibility for taking prosecutor Mehmet Selim Kiraz hostage March 31. he later died at a hospital after a firefight between police and his captors.The Turkish government accused the websites of supporting terrorist propaganda.This isn't the first time Turkey has blocked social media websites. In June, of last year acces to youtube was given access again after 2 months of it being blocked because of a video uploaded of officials discussing a military invasion into Syria.

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Re: current event #2

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:31 pm

Nice topic Gloria. I like how you are doing current events. I not long ago, downloaded the CNN app on my phone and i get at least five notifications a day and at least three of them involve big crowds of people dying. I never knew that so many people were dying a day. It really opened my eyes to how many sick people there really are out there! keep it up! Shocked
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  CicelyS on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:12 pm

It's truly sickening to hear about the kind of things people will put on social media and to generally see the kind of things that go on all around us. Murder is becoming more and more common and it's terrifying.
CicelyS
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum