Causes of World War I

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Causes of World War I

Post  Joshua T on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:38 pm

World War I was also known as the First World War or the Great War. The war lasted four years, three months, and two weeks. It started on July 28th, 1914 and ended on November 11th, 1918. The Great War was a global war that took place in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, the Pacific Islands, China, and off the coast of South and North America.

The First World War was not caused by only one conflict. The use of weapons began because of one direct conflict. The direct cause of WWI was when Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated at Sarajevo on June 28th, 1914. Archduke Franz Ferdinand was the next one to the Austro Hungarian throne. He was killed by Gavrilov Princip. Gavrilov Princip was a Serbian nationalist.

There were many factors that built up tensions between countries and no matter what the Great War would have occurred at some point in history. These factors are know as the long term conflicts of World War I. These long term conflicts are militarism, nationalism, alliances, and imperialism.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Causes of World War I

Post  Romane D. on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:35 am

World War I was a very intense war that included many countries around the world. One of the reason why the war continued getting bigger and bigger was because each country wanted to have a better military and better weapons than the other ones. They even had little planes that would fly over the trenches throwing bombs. It was terrible, the trenches were holes in the ground in which soldiers stayed in to protect them selves and whenever they had the chance they would fire to their enemy that was in from of them. Great topic joshua!
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

the great war

Post  Gloria H. on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:25 pm

although it was a terrible war and so many people died without necessitation. i find it "funny" that they thought it was going to last a year or so and in lasted many more than excepted almost 5 months of war.

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:34 pm

Whos to blame for the start of this crucial war?? Well, historians over the years have tried to figure out who was really to blame for starting the war. Many historians today agree that Germany wanted to start the war. The German leaders felt that they were being surrounded by enemies (France, Russia) and that war was going to happen eventually. They felt that the sooner the war occurred, the better chance Germany had to win.
Nice post Josh, Keep it up congratulations
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: