Henry Ford

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Henry Ford

Post  Romane D. on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Henry Ford was born on July 1863 in Michigan. He grew working hard in farms and was extremely curious about machines. He is the founder of the Ford Motor Company and he developed the assembly line. He transformed the automobile from being unknown to the new image of the 20th century, and of course it still affects us today. In 1891 he became an engineer with the Edison Illuminating Company. The Model T was introduced in 1908. The steering wheel was on the left, the four cylinders were cast in a solid block. The car was very easy to drive and cheap to fix. The car was worth $825 at the time, which is $21,650 today, it was extremely cheap. By the 1920’s most of Americans drivers had learned to drive the Model T. Thanks to all of these advances, many people had jobs in factories to create new cars. Each minute a new car was made. I think it’s extremely important that he had made all these changes that still affect us in a great way now. The changes were incredibly important and I think that Henry had such great ideas.

What do you think of Henry Ford’s contribution in the automobile?
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Ford

Post  Mira W. on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Cool post! I think Henry Ford's contribution to our world's development was inevitable. Without him, we wouldn't have cars today, the #1 transportation method. It is amazing to think how much cars have been modernized since then, and in only a century! It makes me wonder how the world will be 100 years from now... though I do wish the cars were as awesome as they were back then. I remember the video we saw in class, with a car that could go down a 5 meter, steep slope without falling! Keep up the good work Wink
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

COOL

Post  Joshua T on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Henry Ford did not invent the car. He invented car mass production by inventing the assembly line.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Vasilisa on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:04 pm

I really loved his logo. "You can have any color you'd like as long as its black." I believe that his invention was a big step in the revolution for us and that it led to a lot of new inventions.

Vasilisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

wow

Post  Gloria H. on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:17 pm

i find it amazing how this car brand is still sold today. it is also amazing how he tried making it so everyone could pay for one. he invetned the assembly line which made it possible to make it a inexpensive cost and so the making of cars would go faster

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Alicia M. on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:55 pm

I think his contribution did a great change in history of cars. I mean today you still see millions of cars carrying the name "Ford". you did a great post and for me, it is fascinating that after all of these years, Ford still exists.
Alicia M.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum