Model T Ford

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Model T Ford

Post  Belinda K. on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:28 pm

Henry Ford, the creator of the car brand “Ford”, started out with an idea to make cars that everybody can afford. When the cars were made, people described it as slow (top speed was 45kph), ugly and very difficult to drive, people even called the car “Tin Lizzie.” The Model T was produced from Sept. 1908 to Oct. 1927, also when the car was on sale it never increased the price. The Model T costed $1200 in 1909 and in 1928 it costed $295. Around 1929 the Model T Ford was producing more than one car every minute. Ford was able to sell the cars very cheap because they were mass-producing them and used interchangeable parts. Henry Ford would only produce cars with the color black because it would be cheaper for him, instead of buying different colors for the car. Also Henry Ford encouraged people to go out and drive out and explore their country. Also, it became easier for people to travel.

Belinda K.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: Model T Ford

Post  Mira W. on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:12 pm

Converting prices from back then to prices today, the cars were still very cheap! I wish I could travel back in time and be there to see how fascinated people were when seeing a car that was able to go without any visible force. It must have been amazing... I wonder what inventions will amaze our generation in such way. Great post! Smile
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Cool

Post  Joshua T on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:42 pm

The Model T Ford is a car model that was sold at a very cheap price at great quantities. It was invented by Henry Ford.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

the model t ford

Post  Gloria H. on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:18 pm

i find this car so cute, people always say how it is so ugly but i would be so happy to have one now Smile and btw interesting post Smile

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Vasilisa on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:25 pm

The car is really pretty and it probably costs a lot of money now days. I loved the quote that he said about that you may have any color as long as its black. It was also really popular since most of the parts were easy to buy and replace.

Vasilisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum