Henry Ford

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Henry Ford

Post  Joshua T on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:31 am

Henry Ford was born on July 30th, 1863 in Greenfield Township, Michigan, United States of America. He died on April 7th, 1947 in Fair Lane, Dearborn, Michigan, United States of America. He died when he was 83 years old. When Henry turned 15 years old, William Ford (Henry’s father) bought him a watch for his birthday. Henry being the curious child that he is, he took the watch apart, he studied the watch, and put it back together. His friends asked him to fix their watches, and so he did. Ever since, Henry was known as the watch repairman. Mary Ford (Henry’s mother) died years later. William Ford tried to convince Henry to move to the farm with him. Henry refused and revealed that he never liked the farm. In 1879, Henry moved to Detroit. At the age of 25, Henry married Clara Ala Bryant. Together, the only had one child. In 1903, Henry Ford founded the Ford Motor Company. On October 1st, the Ford Motor Company released the Model T to the world. This became the world’s first mass produced car. Ford’s goal was to make this car affordable for any middle class person. Later on in his life, the Ford Motor Company released the Model A.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Ford

Post  Mira W. on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:22 pm

I loved the short biography about Henry, he had certainly been an intelligent child. Never would have thought he started out with watches. I was astounded to hear he died in 1947, because I realized my grandparents were alive then. They had been young, but nevertheless it feels as though I have a direct connection to Henry Ford, who otherwise is a person I have labeled "in the past." Anyway, I found it interesting to think about. Great work!
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Romane D. on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:49 am

It is great that Henry Ford is part of our history because he has helped the economy grow so much through the years. Thanks to his amelioration, there were new jobs in oder for people to work at gas stations and people also started to sell pieces of the cars because if ever they had to fix one part they had to buy a new piece. Good topic jooshuaa!
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

cool post

Post  Gloria H. on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:23 pm

i have read a lot of biographies on him, but this is great Smile he was very smart since being a little bogy

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Did you know that Henry built his first gasoline engine at home and tested it in the kitchen, he mounted it on the kitchen sink. Henry was a brilliant child that used his smartness to go far in life. Good job Josh, keep it up bananarama
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum