Yoga

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yoga

Post  Ophirkes on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Yoga is a very common thing around the world and it is something much known. People practice yoga and yet know nothing about it and where it originated from. Yoga is sort of like a sport practiced to strengthen your muscles and release the stress. It originated from the East and we now about it from bits and pieces put together; it is a Hindu act.
"The traditional purpose of Yoga, however, has always been to bring about a profound transformation in the person through the transcendence of the ego," (Feuerstein 3). Yoga is more than just perfecting your posture and strengthening your muscles, it’s a tradition that has been practiced for thousands of years and it is still being practiced today, even outside of the Hindu community.

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Yoga

Post  Roberta2000 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:17 am

Good job Ophir! I think that yoga is a very relaxing thing to do when you are stressed. Yoga can also make you more felxible. Great topic! Smile

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Alianny on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:17 pm

Great job, Ophir!!! Yoga is something that relaxes you and many people do it from around the world. It originated with the religion, Hinduism. People meditated and did yoga to relax and be closer to the gods.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  marcosloinaz on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:08 am

Wow I didn know anything about yoga. It is a very hard thing to do because you have to be flexible and that is not very easy. I had eard that it does release stress and keeps you calm.

marcosloinaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum