Mount Vesuvius

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mount Vesuvius

Post  Alianny on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Mount Vesuvius is a volcano located in what used to be called Pompeii. It consists of a large cone partially encircled by the steep rim of a summit caldera caused by the collapse of an earlier and originally much higher structure. This mountain is highly know because of its eruption in AD 79, which cause the destruction of Roman cities like Pompeii. At the end of the eruption, there were several stones of people and objects displayed in the cities. About 16,000 people died because of this eruption. This volcano has erupted various times and is the only volcano to every erupt in Europe over these past hundreds of years.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Mount Vesuvius

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:56 pm

Alianny what you wrote about the volcano in Pompeii was interesting, because it had some facts that I did not know. One of the facts was that its name was Mount Vesuvius and how its structure of volcano is like. Another thing was that I didn't know that it erupted at 79 AD, which cause a severe destruction to a roman city. At last was that I never knew it was the only volcano that hasn't erupt In Europe. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ophirkes on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Good job, Alianny! All of your information is original and very true. This mountain in Pompeii has caused various destructions over the centuries, but is also very important. When it had its big eruption, a lot of people died and barely any survived, and the ones who did was all by luck. What a tragedy…

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum