Marie Antoinette Masquerades

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marie Antoinette Masquerades

Post  Vasilisa on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:51 am

Marie Antoinette queen of France in 1783. One of the things that Marie Antoinette was most famous for was her parties. She loved to throw parties for every event she could. People all around France wanted to go to one of her parties, and you were privileged to get invited to one. Although her favorite kind of parties were masquerades. She would wear a gorgeous gown and make her hair up do 3 feet long. On a masquerade you would have to wear a mask, but even when the queen wore a mask everyone knew who she was because of her ball gown. There was a rumor that she made those parties because that allowed her to have an affair behind her husband's, Louis XVI, back. She lived her life without regrets and loved to throw parties.

Vasilisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: Marie Antoinette Masquerades

Post  Mira W. on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:46 pm

There would also be parties for people who lost a family member to the guillotine. They were so glamorous people would lie that someone in their family actually died just to get in. (I don't understand why anyone would want to celebrate the decapitation of a family member...) Very bothersome. Otherwise, great post Lisa! I can definitely see why her lavish lifestyle lead people to rise up against her. I personally would have been enrage to hear about her parties as I was starving on the streets... Poor girl, she really didn't understand what was going on in her country. I'm eternally grateful that monarchies have been abolished, and arranged marriages are uncommon.
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  CicelyS on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:24 am

She was very well known for her fashion. It's a shame that she wasn't properly informed of what was going on in her country before she acted the way she did. The way she showed off, unintentionally or not, deffinitely caused part of the uprising against her and the king.
CicelyS
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

FASHION

Post  Joshua T on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:29 pm

When you hear the name Marie Antoinnete. All you hear is FASHION! She spent so much money on clothes it was insane.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Vasilisa on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:20 am

Yes Cicely I agree with you. She didn't really know what was happening but got killed because of what they thought she did, like the famous scene "let them eat cake"

Vasilisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum