Eros/Cupid

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eros/Cupid

Post  Roberta2000 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:54 am

Eros, in Greek mythology, was the Greek god of love. In Roman he is known as Cupid. He is the son of Aphrodite. Eros/Cupid is normally shown with a bow and arrow. If he shot this arrow at anyone than that person will fall in love with the first person that they saw. Eros/Cupid is normally drawn in Valentine's Day, which is coming up!

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Eros/Cupid

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:46 am

Roberta this is an interesting fact of yours, which actually is a myth from ancient Greece. Another thing is that I didn't know was that he was the son of Aphrodite. Something you could have added was a bit of information of who was Aphrodite. Still what have written was good and I think I know why you wrote that because you are drawing that mythological picture in your project. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alianny on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:51 pm

Eros was the god of love. In drawings, he is always shown almost completely naked and which a bow and an arrow, shooting at someone. Eros or Cupid had great power of love and sometimes he would used it in revenge to the gods who mistreated him. I think there is a myth where he used his power in revenge.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Ophirkes on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Good job, Roberta! All of your information is original and very true. Eros is the Greek name for this “thing” and cupid is the name the Romans gave it when they conquered the Greeks and took all of their gods. Does he even age? And by the way, Valentine ’s Day already past.

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  marcosloinaz on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:30 pm

Good Job Roberta cupid is kind of like a fat baby that people normal y think of in valentines day and not many people like it because they don't like to fall in love. Good job!!

marcosloinaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  dashas on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:22 pm

Nice topic, Roberta! Yes, you are right, he's a god of love. On the pictures he's usually shown as a baby. I never knew he was Aphrodite's son. Great job.

dashas
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum