Tragedy of Marie Antoinette's Kids

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tragedy of Marie Antoinette's Kids

Post  Vasilisa on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:08 am

Even though Maria Antoinette story ends in 1793 by beheading, the tragedy of her family continued on. The married couple had their first kid after 7 years, and in the end they had 4 kids. Only one of whom lived until adulthood. Her first kid was a girl, Marie Therese, after Maria's mother. It took her 12 hours of labor and at the end she was happy it was a girl cause it would be hers baby and not the governments. Three years later was Louis Joseph born, the heir of the throne. Followed by Louis Charles and Sophie. Sophie who was born prematurely and died just a month later, and Louis Charles died at age 7, most likely from tuberculosis.

The living son and the heir had died at age 10. Two years after their parent death he most likely had tuberculosis from his brutal prison conditions. At the end Marie Theresa was the only child that survived. She was a real orphan with no parents or brothers. She stayed in prison until age 17 and at last was released because of the marriage to the nephew of the knew king of France Louis 18. Although her life didn't improve, her marriage was unhappy. As well as the events that occurred in the early life she was bitter and angry. She had to spend her life exiled from France. She didn't inherit her mothers beauty, she had bad teeth and was more muscular build. She died at age 72 still in exile from France. In her last testament she forgave everyone who made her life miserable, for example her parents.

Vasilisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: Tragedy of Marie Antoinette's Kids

Post  Romane D. on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:06 pm

I believe it is a tragedy, it's so horrible the fact that their children were killed and exiled from France. I mean they were completely innocent and they weren't responsible for their parents actions. It is really sad and it must've been horrible for them.
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Completely agree with Mira and Lisa. The kids had nothing to do with the choices their parents made and yet they still paid the consequence as if they did. Even if they did have a little knowledge of what their parents were doing, they were too young to be punished for something their parents taught them. Their parents weren't the smartest of people so their kids couldn't have been any smarter at taking decisions. Anyways, i don't even want to imagine the thing they went through. Nice post Lisa Smile
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Her Kids

Post  Joshua T on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:42 pm

Her kids were jailed and treated terribly after their parents were guillotined. They were probably the most unwanted orphans in France.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mira W. on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Regardless of how their parents acted, the children shouldn't bear the consequences of their mistakes! It is completely unfair. A child might grow up with the parents, but they didn't chose their family nor are they the same people. I find it amazing though, that both the parents and their child Marie could say they forgave everyone before they died. If you think about it, forgiving those who are the reason your family - yourself included - were executed is hard to do. I find it hard to forgive those who hurt me emotionally, even if it was a small thing. How could they forgive those who caused their death? It is ironic that they gained my respect with their last words.
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum