Queen Elizabeth Vs. Philip II

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Queen Elizabeth Vs. Philip II

Post  Alicia M. on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Queen Elizabeth of England was considered the best absolute monarch when Spain and Portugal were the most powerful countries of Europe. Queen Elizabeth made a balance of equal power for both counties so neither of them would get more powerful. She was truly admirable, and proved the theory wrong that only men can be capable rulers. She often seemed to be wearing a large amount of clear make-up and beautiful dresses, which was apparently the fashion of that time.

Philip II on the other hand was a cruel and selfish ruler who believed that if you were not Catholic than you are not allowed to live in his country. He completely demolished Spain’s religion after taking control over it. Philip first married Mary, Elizabeth’s sister, but once she died, he proposed to Elizabeth, which declined. Both rulers had really different ways of ruling and different personalities. Philip wanted absolute power over everything he could possibly get his hands on, where as Queen Elizabeth only wanted her people to have a constant and well lived life.
Alicia M.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Re: Queen Elizabeth Vs. Philip II

Post  CicelyS on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:06 pm

it's a shame that there are not more rulers that acted like Elizabeth. Even today, we can see traits not unlike those of Phillip in our politicians. It's a sad thought.
CicelyS
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Mira W. on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:34 pm

CicelyS wrote:it's a shame that there are not more rulers that acted like Elizabeth. Even today, we can see traits not unlike those of Phillip in our politicians. It's a sad thought.

Very true, and I would also like to point out that she was a woman. She had been one of the most capable rulers in history, (and the one whom I admire the most) yet in the past it was always said that women were unsuitable for holding such control and power. This disproves the idea that women and meant to tend for children and dinner only, which I am very thankful for. It makes me wonder how our world's history would've been different had more women been allowed to become rulers... Great post!
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum