Homer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Homer

Post  Roberta2000 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Homer was a poet of the dark age of Greece. The Iliad and the Odyssey were stories by Homer.They were the first epic poems of early Greece. An epic poem is a long poem that tells the deeds of a great hero. In the Iliad the Greek hero is Achilles. The Iliad talks about the Trojan war. Some of the characters in this story are Paris, Helen, Hector, Achilles, etc. In the Odyssey the Greek hero is Odysseus. The Odyssey talks about what happened after the fall of Troy and about Odysseus’s return to his wife.

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Homer

Post  Alianny on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:04 pm

Homer was a very great poet. He had a disability and because of that, he sang his stories. Someone wrote them down, and now they are very famous especially in history. The Illiad is probably my favorite because I know the most about it. Your topic was very interesting.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  rosim. on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Great job Roberta!!!
i have heard about that before. even though he was blind he had a great imagination. I wonder if the person that wrote for Homer switched some parts of the story? i wonder this because since Homer was blind he wouldn't know if that person was writing something else. GOOD WORK!!

rosim.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:55 am

Roberta you did an excellent work of yours, because how you told everything of Homer. Something you may have added was how Homer was blind and he wasn't writing those epic poems, but singing them. A thing I didn't knew about Homer was that he was alive when it was the dark age of Greece. Another thing you may have put in your blog is what happen in the Dark Age in Greece, because students may have forgotten or they don’t know. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ophirkes on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Great job Roberta! You are certainly correct about Homer and his books. They weren’t exactly HIS books, but he was the one who told them. What happened was that he told the stories orally for many years, and they were passed down through the generations. With the time, someone decided to write them down and turned it into two books. He got the credit for it because he was the one who told the stories of Greece. He was a very interesting man indeed.

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum