late class topic- Phillip and Elizabeth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

late class topic- Phillip and Elizabeth

Post  Gloria H. on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:33 am

Queen Elizabeth I a Philip II had distinct ways of ruling especially in religious matters. Queen Elizabeth has a peaceful rulership with religion. She found a compromise between the religions which were catholic and protestants, in England to make sure there was peace. . Queen Elizabeth did a good job of fixing up the country and helping everyone to be fine with the compromise. She was also more of a public queen, she interacted more with the people, this set her apart from other queens and kings in the past.

King Phillip II was more of a strict and forceful ruler to his country, Spain. When he married Mary, he thought that everyone would follow his religion not only in Spain but in England swell. but the things did not go this way. Mary died before proper religious changes could be made to the country and when Philip tried his plan again, Elizabeth, then declined his offer or plan and he later tried to invade England to change the religion. Not only did something like this happen with England but also with the Dutch. Philip had control over Holland and when they refused to follow his way of religion, he sent military there to kill all those who were against his thoughts on religion.

They were very different monarchs. Elizabeth was very open and more of a modern queen, who was while Philip was very traditional. They were both very involved in the religions of their countries but one made very different choices than the other, Elizabeth thought in a compromise to be peaceful but Phillip invaded when he did not get his way. In the end, it was Elizabeth’s choices that made her successful for her country.

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Re: late class topic- Phillip and Elizabeth

Post  Romane D. on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:58 am

I think that when Elizabeth I sent Sr. Francis Drake to steal all the ships of Spain from Phillip II was fair enough, because it is so selfish coming from Phillip II the fact that when Elizabeth's I half sister dies, he decides to want to marry Elizabeth I, just to keep in contact with England. They also both had different opinions about kinds of religions. Great topic gloriaaa!
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum