class topic number 3 (common sense)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

class topic number 3 (common sense)

Post  Gloria H. on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:15 pm

A. Pain's argument is so that America realizes that Britain's ruling over a continent, that is just holding them back from progressing in their own continent. That everything they did was for their own good, not to protect America, for example using America as a money maker because of the good trade. He argues that a country overseas is controlling a continent, on the other side, he says it make no sense. He states that to stop this, people of America will need to rise against the Britain and achieve independence. And the only was of gaining independence would be through a revolution.

B. he appeals to those who look for logic, he states that what he said was based on facts and common sense, this made people who were looking for "facts" and not only heart warming thoughts, realize that what he is trying to say is true, and should be accomplished. Later on he states that its not a concern of a day, a year or an age, which enlightens the Americans to believe that they have to stand up for their country, this touches their hearts, they now believe that they need to do this for their country and for history. Paine, then talks about how "SHE", used America for interest not attachment, how she did not protect us form "our enemies: but her enemies, and that now its their enemies aswell, that quote made the final conclusion about how Paine was right, and how common sense had to be used and thought about in that situation.

C. There are many historical texts that have been persuasive. Either to make the people against or for a nation or rule. But i can't think of one right now.... Question

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Re: class topic number 3 (common sense)

Post  Mira W. on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:59 pm

For example Martin Luther's 95 theses. I could only think of that one, however. Maybe the Declaration of Independence, as it was written even before they won the war and served as a motivation for people, but I'm not sure whether or not that counts. Famous speeches are more common than famous pieces of writing... Wink I liked your post! You seem to have understood the letter perfectly. Great job!
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum