Queen Hatshepsut

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Queen Hatshepsut

Post  dashas on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Hatshepsut was Thutmosis I's oldest daughter. When Thutmosis II, her husband died, the throne passed to her 2-year-old stepson, Thutmosis III. She used to rule instead of him before he would be able to rule by himself. After Hatshepsut and Thutmosis III ruled as corulers. Hatshepsut was very active to legitimize her roulette also was hiding hat she was a woman, she was addressed as "his Majesty" and was rarely seen in public.

dashas
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Queen Hatshepsut

Post  Alianny on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:08 pm

The women was the first queen of Egypt which was a great accomplishment. In my opinion, she ruled a lot more better than the men that have been chosen as kings. She encouraged mining, was part of the military, and created monuments. She was a great ruler. Smile

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:17 pm

This was an interesting topic of your Dasha, because you are refreshing my mind of who was Hatshepsut. The thing that was really important that you said was who was she and how she came a ruler in Egypt. Another thing you could have mention that Thutmosis III destroyed almost all the building of her, because he didn’t want no one to know she was ever a queen. Another you could have mention how she work really hard in everything so that everyone could trust her to rule, but it was good what you have said. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ophirkes on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Great job! You are certainly correct, from what I heard. Hatshepsut was a very interesting woman that had her own imagination. Since Thutmosis III was too young when his father died and he couldn’t take the rule, his mother decided to take it for him until he will be at the right age. When he was older, old enough to rule, not only did he not want her to rule, he wanted to hide the fact that she ever ruled. No one knows why and so, the reason will forever remain unknown…

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Roberta2000 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Good topic Dasha! Did you know that Hatshepsut was the first female pharaoh? She was also a great ruler. This is a very interesting post, good job! Very Happy

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum