The Hyksos Invasion in Egypt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hyksos Invasion in Egypt

Post  Roberta2000 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:49 pm

The middle kingdom in Egypt fell around 1650 B.C., after the invasion of the Hyksos, a western Asian group of people. From the Hyksos the Egyptians started to use bronze tools, weapons, and horse-drawn chariots in war. The Egyptians used these to drive out the Hyksos in 1520 B.C. The Pharaoh Ahmose I drove out the Hyksos, reuniting Egypt and establishing the New Kingdom.

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hyksos Invasion in Egypt

Post  Ophirkes on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:29 pm

Wow Roberta! That is a very interesting topic to talk about. Ahmose I was the pharaoh that drove out the Hyksos, reuniting Egypt, which established the New Kingdom of Egypt. The Egyptian’s were smart people and they took in mind the way they were defeated and why. Because of that, they had the ability to defeat the Hyksos, using their own weaponry. It’s a funny thing actually; using your own things against you.

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  rosim. on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Waooo!! Roberta that was A very good Topic. Yes the Egyptians Were very smart to use the same tools to fight over them because they were both even, but the Egyptians were more powerful and they took the Hyksos down. Good Job Roberta. Once Again! Smile

rosim.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  dashas on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:51 pm

Good topic! After Ahmose I drove out the Hyksos, in 1500 BC it became the most powerful state in the Near East.

dashas
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum