The Kingdom of Kush

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Kingdom of Kush

Post  Alianny on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:36 pm

The king of Kush was an ancient African kingdom. After king Kashta invaded Egypt in the 8th century BCE, the Kushite kings ruled as Pharaohs of the 25th dynasty of Egypt for a century. Art and architecture flourished in Egypt under the 25th Dynasty. Kushite pharaohs built and restored many temples and monuments. Pottery was an important Kushite craft and consisted mostly of pots and bowls that were shaped from clay and then painted in many different colors. Common decorative motifs included animals and geometric and plant-based patterns.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: The Kingdom of Kush

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Alianny this was a new thing that I didn’t know about the kingdom of Kush. Something that interests me from blog topic is that after the king of Kush invaded Egypt in the eight century B.C., those king ruled as pharaohs as the Egyptians. Another thing that I didn’t know was that Kushites restored many temples as well as monuments of the people who lived there before. Something unusual that brought me was that the Kushites liked a lot the pottery, but not war as other places. This was a really new thing that I didn’t know, which taught me new things. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum