Dubai

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dubai

Post  marcosloinaz on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:28 pm

In 1966 the discovery of oil in Dubai was a major turning point in the history and fortunes. Dubai joined Qatar to create a new currency, the Qatari Riyaj , after the devaluation of the Persian Gulf rupee which had been issued by the Government of India, it enabled Dubai to rapidly expand and grow. From all of the money Dubai had earned, from a deserted place it transformed into a high tech and progressive place. In 1990 Dubai was a deserted city with 6 buildings. Now Dubai made a nice small litlle island in form of a palm tree; some rich people live there. Also you can find the talest building in the world which is The Burj Khalifa and the best hotels. Dubai became from a deserted place to a rich and modern city in less than twenty years.

Marcos Loinaz

marcosloinaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Dubai

Post  Alianny on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Dubai's history seems to be very interesting. Their economic growth is impressive. I think that it is the place where the biggest mall was built with mostly every thing inside it. I wish to visit that island some day. Smile

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Marcos your topic of Dubai is very interesting. The thing that I mostly I got impressed was when you said that it became a rich and modern city in less than twenty years. Something that I didn’t know Marcos was that it joined Qatar to make a new currency called Qatari Rivaj. The other thing that you mention was good, because it’s an important development that they did which was The Burj Khalifa the tallest building of the world. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum