Isis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Isis

Post  Francisco Jimenez on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Foley, a 40-year-old journalist, was reporting for GlobalPost and Agence France Presse when he was abducted in 2012. He was the first person to be taken hostage from the Western Hemisphere to be beheaded by ISIS on camera.
After Foley, the Isis group beheaded three other Western hostages -- Steven Sotloff, an American journalist who wrote for Time magazine; David Haines, a British aid worker; and Alan Henning, a British taxi driver who was traveling threw Syria to deliver food and water to those who were affected by the country's Civil War.

Francisco Jimenez
Newcomer
Newcomer

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Isis

Post  Ophirkes on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 pm

WOW! That is, honestly, a very interesting topic to write about, I mean, how did you even get that idea?! Honestly, after reading all of these things, I just realize how little we may know about our world and the people that live in it. Isn’t magnificent how we are all so different and how we all differ in different ways? I find that very amusing and just amazing in total. By the way….great topics!!

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Isis

Post  Alianny on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:12 pm

That is very interesting. I never really knew about this and, honestly, I think I should watch the news more often. So many bad things have been happening in this world. I think that it is very terrible that that man was abducted and there was even one that was killed.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  marcosloinaz on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:27 pm

good job Francisco i had heard about Isis and what they did to the American journalists. I also heard that they decapitated another journalist recently. i hope the United States helps to stop this group of terrorists.

marcosloinaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Omeara on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:07 pm

Wow! I also wrote about this and had no idea that you had written about it. It is really sad how not many people know about this, and there is people out there getting killed. We should all be more aware of our surroundings.

Omeara
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum