Development of humans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Development of humans

Post  Omeara on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:14 pm

As you all know, the first hominids first appeared in Africa in 4,000,000 BC. The first hum as were called Australopithecus. For various year, scientist and archeologists have been searching for some artifacts that hominids have left behind. They have found bones and skulls and they discovered that as the years go by their skull got larger. The first hominid’s skull were tiny. They had really strange bodies, they were really similar to monkeys. Their full-grown size was between 4-5 feet tall. Something that was really particular, were their hands, they had opposable thumbs, which helped them grab things and have more useful hands. They also had a very short life span of about 35 years. The reason for that was because they didn’t have medicine or enough health supplies to live for too long. After the first hominids, Australopithecus, came the second hominid called homo Habilis, they created and used stone tools. Then came the homo Erectus, the first hominid to discover. After that came the Homo Sapiens the first ones to actually master fire. The last hominids which are us humans nowadays, are called Homo Sapien Sapiens. I think it’s really interesting to see how much humans have changed over time, and I even wonder if in 5,000 years, human will still have the same appearance, or if they will be different than us nowadays.

What can you tell me with more details about the other hominids that came after the Australopithecus?

Omeara
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Development of humans

Post  Alianny on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:23 pm

Great Job, Volney!! The story about the first people or early hominids is very interesting. I was very interested in this topic when we studied it in class. Their brains size and bodies changed by the years that went by. They didn't really last a long time alive at the start. Very Happy

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Development of Humans

Post  Roberta2000 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Great topic Volney! Did you know that the Homo Habilis appeared around the year 2,500,000 B.C until the year 1,600,000 B.C? The Homo erectus appeared around the year 1,500,000 B.C until the year 250,000 B.C. I think that this is a very interesting topic, good job! Very Happy

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:13 pm

Volney this is a very good topic of yours which is the, “Development of the Humans”. What I can tell you about the other hominids that came after the Australopithecus is that they were becoming more intelligent. By what I mean is that they started to make tools for hunting and surviving. Another thing is that they were becoming more up straight human-looking. At the end is that they established themselves in a specific place near water where they stopped hunting and started gathering by making agriculture and domestication. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ophirkes on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Great topic Volney! All of what you said is very true indeed. Every time that they, the hominids, adapted many things about them changed. I mean, if you think about it, comparing our brains to the first hominid’s brain is like comparing a big thing with a small one, totally different! What this tells us is how much we have adapted and evolved since then….obviously it takes time to adapt and evolve, and as scary as it seems, we are still changing today.

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum