Haiti's Involvement in WWII

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Haiti's Involvement in WWII

Post  Alianny on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 pm

Did you know that Haiti was involved in World War II? Basically, Haiti remained completely stable during WWII, but once came the Pearl Harbor bombing, they declared war on Japan. Short after, they had also declared war on Italy and Germany. Haiti help the Allied forces; they gave away food supplies. Also, Elie Lescot, president of Haiti, gave an introduction of some emergency measures while the war was happening. Now, the president did this because he wanted to gain more power, but the year after the war ended, President Lescot was removed from his responsibilities, so I guess his plan to gain more power did not work.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Haiti's Involvement in WWII

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Alianny this was interesting topic of yours. I never knew that Haiti was actually involved in the war, because I thought they had a hard time during those years, because of what Trujillo did. The thing that was interesting of this topic was when you said that it was when Japan bomb Pearl Harbor they wanted to help to fight against WWII. One thing that was really stupid of that president was that he just wanted to help them to get power, but instead he was removed the next year. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  marcosloinaz on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:23 pm

wow i didn't know that Haiti was involved. i knew the Dominican Republic was because they opened the doors to the jews that escaped the holocaust good post!! Very Happy

marcosloinaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Haiti

Post  Ophirkes on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Great Job Alianny! I never knew Haiti was actually involved in World War II because I thought it had too much of a hard time already, with Trujillo and everything. Now a days, Haiti barely even has power. It is so poor that the Dominican Republic needs to help it to survive. They barely have enough food! In World War II, they were planning on gaining more powerful, so that they could be one of the most powerful countries,but their plan failed….

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  rosim. on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Great job!!
I really didn't know that Haiti was involved in the WWII. i knew that trujillo let many ews to come o the DR because they escaped from the Holocaust and had no where to go.also he did this by killing tons of Haitians. Good topic.-!!!

rosim.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum