Ebola

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ebola

Post  rosim. on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Ebola is a disease of humans and other living things caused by Ebola viruses. Signs and symptoms typically start between two days and three weeks after having the virus. Some of the symptoms are with a fever, sore throat, muscle pain and headaches. Then, vomiting, diarrhea and rash usually follow, along with decreased function of the liver and kidneys. At this time, some people begin to bleed both internally and externally. if death occurs, it is in about six to sixteen days after symptoms appear which is due to low blood pressure from fluid loss.
It happens when the virus has contact with blood or other body fluids of an infected human or other animal. This may also occur by direct contact with a recently contaminated item. Spread through the air has not been documented in the natural environment. Fruit bats are believed to be the normal carrier in nature, able to spread the virus without being affected. Humans become infected by contact with the bats or a living or dead animal that has been infected by the fruit bats.

rosim.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola

Post  Alianny on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Ok, you just scared me with all this information about this sickness, but luckily Dominican Republic is suppose to be far away from being contaminated with Ebola. It is a very bad disease to have, especially if you could die in just a couple of days. I wish for no one to get this because it sounds awful. Shocked

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Ebola

Post  Roberta2000 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Wow, this is very interesting Rosi, good job! Its a good thing that the Dominican Republic is very far away from were Ebola is. This is a very bad disease to have. I think that people should find a cure for this disease.

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  dashas on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Good topic! That's such an interesting information. I've heard about ebola before, but i didn't know that you can die from it that fast. I've heard that it's a very common decease in Africa. Do scientists know how to cure this disease or at least delay the death?

dashas
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  marcosloinaz on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Wow i had heard of ebola but i thought it came from something dirty not from bats. that is very shocking. the good thing is that it has not hit the Dominican Republic still and i hope it doesn't any time soon. great post!! Very Happy

marcosloinaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Ebola...

Post  Ophirkes on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:50 pm

Great work Rosi! My conclusion is that Ebola is a virus we still don’t have a cure for and people all around us are dying because of it and we don’t know what to do about it. Ebola started and originated from Africa and is slowly spreading worldwide. Some people have reported that Ebola is slowly getting closer to the Dominican Republic. This is not a good thing… hopefully we will find a cure!

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum