Mount Sinai

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mount Sinai

Post  David Strauss on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Mount Sinai is a mountain that Moses climbed and got the 10 commandments that is written in the Torah. Some people call it "Moses Mountain" because he climbed it, got the ten commandments, then saw that his people were doing what the 10 commandments said that you couldn't do, so Moses broke the 10 commandments. Then, he went up the mountain again and got the ten commandments back. The elevation of this mountain is 2,285m and is located in Egypt or in the Sinai Peninsula. Arrow Arrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

David Strauss
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Mount Sinai

Post  Roberta2000 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Great Topic David! Mount Sinai is very interesting. It must have been hard for Moses to climb it twice, as said in the Torah! The ten Commandments are also very interesting. I think this is a great topic to talk about, Great Post! Smile Very Happy

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Mount Sinai

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:16 pm

This is very good David what you have talked about. Something that I didn’t know that you mention that they also called the mountain, “Moses Mountain”, but what you said I already heard about it. Another David you may have mention what were written on the Ten Commandments. The other thing that interests me was how high elevation Mount Sinai is. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  dashas on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:23 am

Good job! Mount Sinai played a big role in creating the religion of Israelites. The ten commandment, or the sacred rules, were given to Moses by god on that mountain. We all know that their religion was monotheistic, which means that they only believed in one god, and it still exist in now days. Their religion is now known as Judaism.

dashas
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Alianny on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Actually David, it wasn't Moses who broke the ten commandments; it was his people. By the time Moses got there he noticed that all the commandments that were given to him had already been broken. He was pretty devastated and I guess he was also kind of mad because now he had to go up the mountain again.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  rosim. on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Great jobb!!!!
Good topic yes this mountain is imprtant because moses had to climb i to break the ten commandments because his people were worshipping a golden bull instead of god!!!
Smile Smile GOOD WORK

rosim.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: