The Israelites

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Israelites

Post  Ophirkes on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:58 pm

The Israelites were the very first monotheistic “nation”. To be able to become monotheistic instead of polytheistic is a great challenge and difficulty because at that time, past, doing things that the Pharaoh didn’t command to do was a dangerous thing! The Israelites lived south from the Phoenicians. Judaism influenced religions such as Christianity and Islam. The Torah is also known as the Old Testament, which is the most sacred text in the Jewish religious tradition. In the Torah, there are five books, which are:
• Genesis
• Exodus
• Leviticus
• Numbers
• Deuteronomy
The story of the Israelites begins with Abraham, the forefather, and the covenant he made with God. From there, the story goes into many different directions and expands into the other four stories. The Israelites still exist today and even became an independent country!

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: The Israelites

Post  Alianny on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:27 pm

The story about the Israelites is actually very interesting. I would say that my favourite is the one where the Israelites are enslaved in Egypt, but soon they are freed. My favourite part of that stories were the ten things that the Egyptians had to go through in order to have the pharaoh decide to liberate the Israelites. Some of those ten things were:
-their skin was basically boiling
-Many frogs around the country
-the killing of all new borns

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

The Israelites

Post  Roberta2000 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Wow! That is very interesting. I learned many things. Yes, the Israelites had many interesting stories. I bet it was very difficult for them to become the first monotheistic "nation". Very interesting topic Ophir, I learned many things! Great job!

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  dashas on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Amazing, Ophir! I missed this class, but by reading your topic I learned a lot of stuff! Thanks for the great explanations!

dashas
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum