"Bloody" Mary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Bloody" Mary

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:49 pm

In reality, this ghost is actually supposed to reveal the future, not haunt or harm anyone. Kids are supposed to taunt Mary by saying, "I've got your baby." This phrase is actually connected to the Queen Mary I, who had a numerous amount of miscarriages and false pregnancies in her life. Kids play a game where they lock themselves in a bathroom, turn the lights off and then scream Bloody Mary a couple times. When they turn on the lights, she supposedly there in your mirror with blood on her face. This little game as the complete wrong context. She's known as "bloody" Mary because during her reign, she tried to turn England back to Roman Catholicism. However, through out her ruling, the execution of hundreds of people is the reason of the "bloody". She married Philip II of Spain, but that didn't continue because she couldn't bear a baby. After this, Mary had no other choice than to make her sister, Elizabeth, the next ruler of England.

Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

mi childhood

Post  Gloria H. on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:59 am

that was my nightmare every single night through elementary. I slept with my parents for like 2 years.... but its not true

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum