Catherine of Aragon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Catherine of Aragon

Post  CicelyS on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Catherine of Aragon was Henry VIII first wife. She was initially married to his older brother to keep the peace between Spain and England. When the brother died, so the peace would be upheld, Catherine had to marry Henry. It was not a marriage out of love and she was much older than him. They married in 1509, but in 1533, Henry met Anne Boleyn and broke away from the Catholic church to marry her and divorce Catherine. After this Catherine had to go back to Spain in shame of her failure. Many say that Henry divorced her because of his love for Anne, but it was actually because of the fact that Catherine couldn't produce a male heir. Her only daughter born was called Mary and she was the only living child of their out of 6 others. It's truly tragic that Henry could have been so rude as to have divorced her because of this. He was a very selfish and horrible man.
CicelyS
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Re: Catherine of Aragon

Post  Vasilisa on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Its really bad that people thought that there was a sin on their family because Catherine was with Henry's brother before. That was the explanation for why she couldn't have a son and had so many mis carriages. This strong and powerful women had to go back to Spain in shame.

Vasilisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Henry VIII was an evil man. He "loved" the women he married, but right when they didn't give him what he wanted he would get ride of them. Just the fact that he had six wives and not one ended up as a good marriage has a lot to say about a man. Men back then and still today mistreat women and not just because i am a girl, i think it's one of the stupidest things i've heard of. Sexcism, what have us women done to u males? Thats one question i purpose to all men out there hurting girls just for fun.
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Great Post

Post  Joshua T on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:53 pm

Great post cicely. I wonder how she felt when she was sent back to Spain due to the the fact that Henry thought that she couldn't produce.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum