Google

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Google

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:41 pm

In 1996, Google began as a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Ph.D. students at Stanford. Basically, Google was developed by two students working on a project. The name "Google" came from a misspelling of "googol," which refers to the number represented by a 1 followed by one-hundred zeros. the verb, "google," was added to the Merriam Webster Collegiate Dictionary and the Oxford English Dictionary in 2006, meaning, "to use the Google search engine to obtain information on the Internet."

The most visited site on the internet is now Google. That's pretty insane! Exclamation Exclamation
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: Google

Post  ebznski on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:42 pm

It's amazing that just a bunch of kids were able to change the way we obtain information. Without Google I don't know how this generation would have survived.
ebznski
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 7

Back to top Go down

wowwww

Post  Gloria H. on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:42 pm

well this gives us inspiration, we could do that too!!! its amazing how a school project, or just a fun activity can then turn into the most used site on the internet, and known all over the world.

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Mira W. on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:35 pm

That really is crazy. And very true; this generation wouldn't be able to survive without Google, or the internet in general. In fact, I admire the last few generations that aced school while depending solely on books. I wonder what the next few generations will be like?
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum