Pastoral Nomads

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pastoral Nomads

Post  Alianny on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:10 pm

A pastoral nomad is a person who domesticates animals for food and clothing. They move around in migratory routes in order to provide a steady source of nourishment for their animals whom they occasionally sell to civilized centers. In some occasions, pastoral nomads have settled communities and then created empires where they obtain relief when a drought has occurred and they cannot go onto their normal pattern, or their migratory route. They carry products to different civilizations and in a way, these nomads also past around new technologies like the bronze and iron. These technologies have helped give more power and strength to civilizations. The pastoral nomads are one of the most important nomads to be known today and had very special roles in the nomadic life.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Pastoral Nomads

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:06 am

Alianny this is very interesting topic that is the pastoral nomads, because how you said they did an important role in our life trading materials with an important use for the civilizations. Also I could see that they had domesticated animals to bring with their journey so they trade could trade with others. Another thing that I became focused on was that they would settle in communities when they could find food or water. This is why pastoral nomads are like other nomads, but advanced base on their intelligence. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  marcosloinaz on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:02 pm

Cool post!!! i didn't know what a pastoral nomad was. i saw it in the history textbook but i didn't know what it meant but now i do. Good post!!!! Very Happy

marcosloinaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Nomads

Post  Ophirkes on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:12 pm

You know what, I never knew that there were such things! It’s a great thing actually and if you think about it, if it weren’t for them, we wouldn’t have bronze or iron. I actually have a question for you… “Do they still exist today?” I am very interested in knowing. I always thought that there was only one type of nomad, which basically described person that has/had no home, but now, I know that there are more types then just one. It’s a very interesting subject you explained, well done!

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum