Luther's teachings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luther's teachings

Post  Romane D. on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Here were Luthers most important beliefs and teachings:
- He rejected the church doctrine that good deeds were necessary for salvation. He believed that it could be achieved through faith alone.
- He didn’t believe anything that the Church or the Pope would say, he held the Bible as the only source of religious truth.
- He hated the fact that priests and the clergy had special powers or privileges. He said that everyone had equal access to God through the Bible and faith. He also translated the Bible into German vernacular so that ordinary people could read it themselves.

Other changes that he made were:
- He rejected 5 of the 7 sacraments because the Bible didn’t mention any of them.
- He prohibited indulgences, confessions, pilgrimages, and prayers into saints.
- He allowed the clergy to marry.

His doctrine because know as Lutheranism, and it was the first protestant faith.

I think he was a truthful, honest, brave, respectful, and fair man, and he really deserved the best because he always thought about others and he did his best to help everyone for things to be as they should.
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Luther's teachings

Post  Mira W. on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Romane D. wrote:I think he was a truthful, honest, brave, respectful, and fair man.
I agree. He helped society in a way no one else bothered to. He changed the course of history, and I definitely think we should all be grateful to him. He saved families from having to pay for no reason at all... Great post, Romane Smile
Mira W.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  ebznski on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:15 pm

I find it sad that Luther had to prove these things in the first place because it seems as if the Church doesn't see people as free, they see them as slaves that are ruled by the church and if they are to go against the Church they would be punished and that is rather disturbing.
ebznski
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 7

Back to top Go down

volney's reply

Post  Omeara on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Wow! Luther was a brave man. Everything he did was to make things better. It is amazing to see all the heroes and amazing people in this world. this was a very good Topic Romane. It is really sad to see that there is no many other people any longer like these heroes from the past

Omeara
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum