The Unity of Upper and Lower Egypt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Unity of Upper and Lower Egypt

Post  dashas on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Egypt's history began around 3100 BC when King Menes united Upper and Lower Egypt into a single kingdom. He became the first ruler of the united Egypt and created the first royal dynasty. Before Egypt was united Upper and Lower Egypt had different crown, Upper Egypt had a white crown, and Lower Egypt had a red crown. When King Menes united the Egypt he also wore the double crown, indicating the unity of all Egypt. From then on, Egyptian rulers would wear the double crown.

dashas
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Unification

Post  Ophirkes on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:46 pm

Well explained Dasha! You were correct indeed in the part about the unity of Egypt. What the crown resembled after being joined together was that it was a symbol for the unification of Egypt. As well as that, to be able to unify Egypt, it wasn’t just a saying, it was a war. Obviously King Menes won because now there is no longer the Upper and Lower parts, but there must have been people that were scared to death when it all happened!

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: The Unity of Upper and Lower Egypt

Post  Alianny on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:48 pm

King Menes wore a red and white crown to show that the two parts of Egypt are united. The story of Egypt is very interesting especially if you involve the creations of the great pyramids which give Egypt a big meaning because when you think about Egypt, you mostly think about pyramids. Your blog was very interesting and I enjoyed reading it. Smile

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Upper and Lower Egypt

Post  Roberta2000 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Good post Dasha! You explained everything very well. I think that Egypt's history was very interesting! Did you know that Lower Egypt is the part of the Nile Delta? I think that the double crown was very interesting because it showed the unify of all Egypt. The double crown was a great way to show this! Great job! Very Happy

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Dasha this is very well explained summary of the unity of Upper and Lower Egypt. The thing that I like the most about what you wrote was that when King Menes united the Upper and Lower Egypt he wore the double crown to show the unity of Egypt. Something that I didn’t know was that Upper Egypt the used a white crown, and Lower Egypt used a red crown. Something that you might have added was who was ruling Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt at that time. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  rosim. on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Great Work Dasha!!
Did you know that, the north was Lower Egypt where the Nile stretched to form the Nile Delta and to the south was Upper Egypt, stretching to Syene. Also each half of the crowns represented power of one of each the kingdoms. But that doesn’t mean that they had the same everything for example they spoke different dialects and had different customs. Many of these differences, and the special events that they created, still exist today.

rosim.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum