Egiptian Pyramids

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Egiptian Pyramids

Post  rosim. on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Chapter two is mostly talking about Egypt and since the pyramids are very important in Egypt I will be talking abiut them. The Acinet Egyptians pyramids were mostly built as tombs which means were they buried the dead pharaoh and their families. The bodies placed in the tombs were preserved by mummification.
There has been more 130 pyramids discovered in Egypt. The Great Pyramid of Giza is the largest and oldest pyramid in Egypt. They will have different passeges and multiples of chambers. Since the pharohs were buried in the tombs many robbers would go ther and robbed them.

rosim.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 0

Back to top Go down

Pyramids

Post  David Strauss on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Good Job Rosi. Did you know that the shape of Egyptian pyramids is supposed to represent the primordial mound which the Egyptians believed the earth was created? The shape of a pyramid is supposed to represent the descending rays of the sun.

David Strauss
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Re: Egiptian Pyramids

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Rosi what you have wrote was interesting which were the pyramids in Egypt. Something that I learned of what you wrote was that the ancient Egyptians Pyramids were used mostly for buried their dead pharaoh with all their slaves and families. I also learned that there are 130 pyramids which have been discovered in Egypt. The thing that most interested me was that the oldest pyramid was Giza, which is the biggest of them all. What you wrote made me realize that they passages so robbers wouldn't steal the tombs. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  dashas on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Pyramids of Egypt is a really good topic to write about! That's right that the pharaohs and their families were buried in the pyramids, but also when a pharaoh died, he was burried with everything that was important to him. Egyptians believed that after death people can reborn, and they buried everything that the pharaoh could of need in the new life with him.

dashas
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Pyramids

Post  marcosloinaz on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:58 pm

Good job rosi! Very Happy Very Happy I didn't know that there was 130 pyramids discovered in Egypt.. Surprised Surprised I learned that the oldest one was the Pyramid of Giza. I also didn't know that they buried dead pharaohs.

marcosloinaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Alianny on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Not a lot of people would rob these pyramids or even go in the pyramids because as history says, there were a lot of traps inside the pyramid. They had built these traps because the kings and queens didn't want people to go inside their tombs and steel their gold or their jewellery. The public can't go inside these pyramids, but a lot of the pyramids have been excavated. By the way, your blog was very fascinating.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

The Pyramids

Post  Roberta2000 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Great topic Rosi! Did you know that Pyramids are one of the 7 ancient wonders? And the Pyramids are the only wonder that still stands today from the 7 ancient wonders! This shows how great the Egyptian's were at building stuff. Great post! Very Happy

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum