Agricultural Revolution

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Agricultural Revolution

Post  Alianny on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:06 pm

The Agricultural Revolution began in about 8000 B.C to 4000 B.C. It was a time where the homo sapien sapien discovered the growing of crops. Since this discovery, nomadic people who were always in search for food became settled people with settled homes. People also domesticated animals to help with the growing of crops. The domestication of animals made it faster for the people to grow crops. There was also something called food surplus, extra food. People had enough food to last them days and other than that they also had free time to think or to have more babies. During the agricultural revolution, the population grew a lot and people got the chance to think about more things like what they wanted to do in the future. This time of thinking also got people to discover new things. As you can see the Agricultural Revolution brought a lot of new discoveries and wealth to villages or civilizations. Also, you may know that the time during and after the agricultural revolution was called the Neolithic Age in which civilizations grew stronger and wealthier. Agriculture brought a lot of wealth to many people and continues to bring wealth on present day.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Agricultural Revolution

Post  Ophirkes on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Very informative text! Well described and very nice arguments. I would just like to add that before the discovery of agriculture, people lived a nomadic life and that time was called the Paleolithic Age. From there on, as people discovered agriculture, people began a sedentary life, the act of staying in one place. They didn’t have to go on about the search of food, or being scared that there won’t be food that day. They had free time and extra food. What else did they need?!

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Agricultural Revolution

Post  Roberta2000 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Good job Alianny! You explained the agricultural revolution very well. I dont know what else to add, except that when they discovered agriculture it was also called the Neolithic revolution. This topic was very interesting, and I think that everyone should know about it!

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Agricultural Revolution

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:54 pm

This post was very interesting, because its talks about the agricultural revolution. It interest me this topic of yours was that the Homo sapiens sapiens stopped being nomadic and started to live in a specific place. There they began to grow crops and not searching for it. Another that I liked that you mention was Neolithic Age, because it was when it past the Paleolithic Age. Very Happy

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  dashas on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Great topic! Your description of the agricultural revolution was very interesting and informative. You also good explained the effects of the revolution, such as population growth and shift from hunting and gathering to agriculture and keeping animals. Good job!

dashas
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum