la Mona Lisa

View previous topic View next topic Go down

la Mona Lisa

Post  Gloria H. on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:26 am

the mona lisa is "the best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about, the most parodied work of art in the world." It was painted in around the 1503 and 1506 by Leornardo Da vincii. when da Vinci was living in Florence, italy he painted it and it now hangs in the Louvre, in Paris. the woamans expression, forms an atmospheric illusionism. The mona lisa has been stolen a couple of times but has been returned to paris. In 1956 part of the pointing was damaged when a vandal tree acid at it. in december of the same year the painting has a rock thrown at it resulting in loss of paint in the left elbow, but later it was restored.

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Re: la Mona Lisa

Post  Alicia M. on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:16 pm

La Mona Lisa was also well known for her hands, which are really hard to paint. Leonardo did a great job on these. This painting really represents his talents and the new technics of painting used during the Renaissance in Europe.
Alicia M.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Vasilisa on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:58 pm

I went to Paris and saw the painting. To my surprise it was smaller than i expected and it had so much protection other it.U weren't allowed to come close to it, the is bullet proof glass, and lasers inside of it. There were also a bunch of people around it.

Vasilisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:04 pm

People also say that Leonardo Da Vinci painted himself but in a feminine way. I personally don't see the similarities in him and Mona Lisa, however, scientist have done tests. The final reports have varied, some say yes and some say no. This leaves us with the picture and our personal decision. Leonardo was the perfect humanist, his brain was filled with information going from math, to science, to art, to mechanics, to so many more!

The picture of Mona/Leo
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Dzazo on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:20 pm

The mona lisa seems like a cool painting but i dont see it that, that cool as to pay infity dollars for it. If someone wanted to sell it to me for 100 dollars i wouldnt buy it.

Dzazo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Romane D. on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:43 am

The mysterious expression of the women in the painting is still an unresolved mystery. It is really famous and important for many reasons, which some you guys have already mentioned. Here are some facts that haven't been mentioned yet: the painting has been stolen from the museum and found again! A really interesting belief about the woman, some say she was called Lisa Gherardini and that she was 24 years old with two sons. The painting is even considered priceless and it cannot be insured. The woman on the painting has no eyebrows, some say it was because when the authorities were trying to restore it, they were removed, and others say the Leonardo never finished the painting because he loved perfection. I find this painting very interesting and mysterious, I would love to know the true story behind it.
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  ebznski on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:53 pm

One of the reasons that the Mona Lisa has become so famous is because of the fact that it was stolen so many times. The more a painting is stolen the more people appreciate it's values.
ebznski
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum