Hypothesis about Homo Erectus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hypothesis about Homo Erectus

Post  TamaraG on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:13 am

The first hypothesis is that the Homo Erectus migrated from Africa during the Early Pleistocene, around 2.0 million years ago, and it dispersed throughout much of the Old World. Fossilized remains 1.8 to 1 million years old have been found in Africa.
The second hypothesis is that Homo Erectus evolved in Eurasia and then migrated to Africa. The species occupied a Caucasus site called Dmanisi, in Georgia, from 1.85 million to 1.77 million years ago, at the same time or slightly before the earliest evidence in Africa. They also found 73 stone tools for cutting and chopping and 34 bone fragments from creatures that we haven't found out what they are.

TamaraG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 2

Back to top Go down

The Five Stages of Human Kind

Post  Ophirkes on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:34 pm

The earliest human kinds, also known as the Australopithecus, were “found” to be alive at 4,000,000 BC. The second human kind after that was called the Homo Habilis, which were more developed and were also more intelligent. Stage 3 of the human kind evolution was the Homo Erectus and they got taller and straighter than the Homo Habilis. Stage 4 was called the Homo Sapiens and then stage 5 is the Homo Sapiens Sapiens and that is our present day time. From what we know, there were only 5 stages.

Ophirkes
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Back to top Go down

Re: Hypothesis about Homo Erectus

Post  Alianny on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:21 pm

The homo erectus were in the third stage of the evolution of man. I believe they discovered the fire and that they were called "upright human" because they had the same size of legs and arms that humans have now. It was probably the first hominid to leave Africa and now they still remain in Asia.

Alianny
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 3

Back to top Go down

Homo Erectus

Post  Roberta2000 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:25 pm

I think that the early stages of human life were very interesting! Another thing that the Homo Erectus discovered was fire. Fire was a very important human discovery. The Homo Erectus were probably the first homonid to leave Africa. Very interesting topic!

Roberta2000
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  isaacbueno.4 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Tamara this topic that you wrote was new for me, which I learned new things of the first humans. Something I learned from your blog was that the Homo erectus migrated from Africa two million years ago. Something that I noticed was that you said that the Homo erectus evolve in Eurasia and then migrated to Africa, which it doesn't make sense for me. It is because you said they migrated two million years ago from Africa, still it’s just what you thought where they came from. Smile

isaacbueno.4
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum