MYth of NEro

Go down

MYth of NEro Empty MYth of NEro

Post  lorenzo ch. on Wed May 07, 2014 4:49 pm

In fact, most modern historians believe that Nero was not even in Rome when the fire started. The fire started in shops selling flammable goods, though it was later blamed on the Christians (which brought on a new onslaught of persecutions). Nero was actually in Antium when the fire started, and when he heard about it he rushed back to Rome to organize relief efforts. According to Tacitus: “the population searched for a scapegoat and rumors held Nero responsible. To diffuse blame, Nero targeted a sect called the Christians. He ordered Christians to be thrown to dogs, while others were crucified and burned.”

lorenzo ch.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 6

Back to top Go down

MYth of NEro Empty Nero

Post  frankiesmith28 on Sun May 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Nero was a horrible man and did many terrible things to Rome and its people. I cannot believe he managed to get away with killing all of those Christians it must have been horrible. What I find weird though is that Nero ruled in the time of the Pax Romana and what he had was definitely not peaceful.
frankiesmith28
frankiesmith28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

MYth of NEro Empty Nero

Post  Joshua T on Tue May 20, 2014 9:22 am

Nero is probably known to be the most vile, reckless, racist, and disgusting emperor to rule Rome. It is known to be said that he killed his mother purposely after taking her on a trip to the Greek islands. Another romour is that Nero would behead the heads of christians and he would hang their heads in his backyard.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

MYth of NEro Empty Re: MYth of NEro

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Tue May 20, 2014 9:46 am

Nero was a very disgusting man, the things you can find about this man gets revolting. He has made thousands of sins, different ones, in the most crucifying and nauseating ways. He was a very perverted and sicking, the lesson we covered in class about him doesn't even begin to describe the things he did, but it's better like that! hahahha.
Sarah Marti Roy
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  JasmineW on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:34 pm

When I think of Nero I think of one of the most disgusting and cruel people on earth. I dont think it is possible for a human being to have been able to do all these actions without feeling disgust in themselves. I hope there is never again a man on earth like Nero. He reminds me very much also of Draco.
JasmineW
JasmineW
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum