Pompeii

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pompeii

Post  CicelyS on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:11 am

Pompeii was a city in Ancient Rome near Naples that after the volcanic eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, was completely covered in ash and magma. It is famous for it's eerie ruins and human remains. Many people visit Pompeii today to visit the strangely preserved town. There are exihbitons of furniture, bodies and jwelery in many cities around the world today. For over 250 years Pomepeii has been a tourist destination. It is one of the most popular tourist spots in Italy today. Around 2.5 million people visit the site each year. When the remians of the city were discovered in 1599, plaster was used to create casts of the human bodies, which are now shown in exibitions today.
CicelyS
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Re: Pompeii

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:37 am

I lived near Pompeii, and my streets where made of magma. It's a beautiful place and i encounrage you guys to visit. It holds many historical remains and now that we know what happened, you can walk around and impress your parents. There's also a new song called "Pompeii" by the group Bastille, it's an awesome song and it literly talks about what happened. Anyway, good topic Cicely, keep it upp!  Exclamation 
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum