The Titanic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Titanic

Post  Joshua T on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:05 am

On April 15th, 1912 a tragedy had occured. The RMS Titanic became a sunken ship after it collided with an iceberg in the Atlantic ocean during a voyage from Southampton to New York. The Titanic was 882 ft long, 92 ft wide, and 175 ft tall. In total the ship weighed 52,310 tons. The ship was built in Belfast, Ireland. At the time, this was the largest ship to set sail. It set sail for the first time on April 10th, 1912. Just five days later this voyage turned into a nightmare for all the passengers onboard. There were a total of 3,327 people on board, but there were much more people that entered the ship unregistered. There was an estimated 4,000 people. The problem was that there were enough lifeboats for only 1178 people. 75% of the passengers were left to die in the cold Atlantic Ocean.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Titanic

Post  Yasper on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:09 am

Joshua, this is a very sad topic. If someone hasnt seen the movie of the Titanic, I recommend it. It is pretty sad.

Yasper
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:27 am

I also posted a blog about this terrible event, i was watching the movie and decided to write about it. It was a terrible even that caused the death of many people. The movie made it into a love story, a very sad one which made many people cry. Even though technology is advancing, the ocean can never be trusted, it unreliable and dangerous.
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum