Buddhism

Go down

Buddhism Empty Buddhism

Post  Belinda K. on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:41 am

A religion called Buddhism created in 6th century BC. It has one single founder and that is Siddhartha Gautama, he's also known as the Buddha or in other words "Enlightened One". The way that Siddhartha got to be the founder of Buddhism is because when he was small, his parents were rulers and he was going to be the next king. The parents didn't want Siddhartha to be distracted by the real world so they forbid him to get out of the castle. Few years later Siddhartha got tired of the castle and left his wife behind. When he was in his journey he saw 3 things that opened his eyes, he saw a sick man, an old man, and a dead body. Siddhartha became aware of human suffering, so he wanted to find a cure to that and so he began his search. Siddhartha had been searching for years and he meditated as people had taught him. One day, he sat under a large tree and he started meditation and its said that he stayed there for 48 trying to understand the mystery of life. And so he discovered it, and it was that life is all about suffering. The Buddha spend the rest of his life teaching others and he exampled the Four Noble Truths. Buddhism has expanded all over Asia and but not much in India. Buddhism believes in reincarnation and to achieve their final goal Nirvana.

Belinda K.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 6

Back to top Go down

Buddhism Empty Buddhism

Post  Joshua T on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:22 pm

The founder of Buddhism is called Siddartha Gautama. Siddartha traveled for years in order to find the cure for suffering. The cure for suffering was to accept that you don't need some things in life. In order to become a Buddhist you didn't have to be born into it. The all time goal of a Buddhist is to achieve Nirvana.

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Buddhism Empty Re: Buddhism

Post  JasmineW on Sun May 04, 2014 3:22 pm

I find Buddhism such an interesting and amazing religion. If i were to change my religion to something else I would choose Buddhism because they seem so peaceful and open and careful to nature and the world around them and I admire that from them.
JasmineW
JasmineW
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Yasper on Mon May 05, 2014 8:35 pm

If I were too choose one religion, I would choose Buddhism because it really makes sense to me and it is interesting. Good Topic Belinda!

Yasper
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Buddhism Empty review

Post  Gloria H. on Mon May 05, 2014 9:35 pm

i almost forgot about buddhism. We studided it a while ago but i still find it amazing how it branched of Hinduism.

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum