Start of the Trojan War Myth

Go down

Start of the Trojan War Myth

Post  Taylor Lee on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:03 pm

The Trojan War is something that we have gone over the past two days in history class. This myth can be found in the book, The Iliad,written by Homer. Homer also has another name known as "The Blind Poet". The goddess, Eris, was not invited to a wedding and showed up uninvited with a golden apple that said "to the fairest". Three goddess appeared. These three were Athena, Hera, and Aphrodite. Zeus threw the apple across the Aegean Sea. Paris, son of Priam who was the King of Troy, found it he decided in return for something who was the fairest out of the three of them. He took Aphrodite's because she said she would give him the love of the most beautiful woman in the world.

This mythical war really started when, Paris went to do negotiating with Menelaus, King of Sparta. However, while he was there, he kidnapped Helen, Menelaus' wife and also "the most beautiful woman in the world", and stole some of his treasures. He brought this back with him to Troy and an outrage began. This began the start of the Trojan War.
Taylor Lee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 12

Back to top Go down

wow

Post  Gloria H. on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:10 pm

great explantation, i did my blog on it too but i kept going with the story. Check mine out for the rest Smile

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Re: Start of the Trojan War Myth

Post  JasmineW on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:18 pm

There is much more to the story after this and i find the reason for the war to begin in the first place was very avoidable. There could have been many different things done there instead of what was actually done that could have stopped the war from happening.
JasmineW
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

The Troyan War

Post  frankiesmith28 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:17 pm

That was a really good explanation, I missed the first two days of school so that sums up what you guys learnt pretty well thanks! Its so weird how they came up with these myths to make an explanation for something, someone must have been really creative back then. Razz
frankiesmith28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

Re: Start of the Trojan War Myth

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum