Baroque vs. Rococo

Go down

Baroque vs. Rococo

Post  MercedesD99 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Baroque and rococo are both artistic styles. Baroque exerts power, reveals emotion, appeals to all senses, depicts movement, has a strong contrast between light and dark, and usually has a natural background. Rococo is more ornate, with “fuzzy” details to for a dream-like feeling, illustrating happiness, lightness, airiness, almost as if the painting was dancing across the canvas, portraying the care-free, upper-class life of aristocracy.

Some famous Baroque artists are:
•Caravaggio
•Johannes Vermeer
•Rembrandt
•Jacques Callot
•Luca Giordano
•Agostino Carracci

Some famous Rococo artists:
•Antonio Bellucci
•Jean-Antoine Watteau
•Adélaïde Labille-Guiard
•Louise Élisabeth Vigée Le Brun
•Jean François de Troy
•Jean-Honoré Fragonard

MercedesD99
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: Baroque vs. Rococo

Post  martha hildreth on Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:14 pm

really interesting blog, I would say that i like more rococo art but still admire baroque a lot because i love all the shadowing and contrast between dark and light that this style has. I also like how harsh and glorious it looks, like if it always was created for really powerful and rich people.Very Happy Very Happy 

martha hildreth
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Luisa on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Nice blog topic! Rococo sounds kind of like a blurry photography or what people want to see in art and baroque sounds like a very harsh view of the world. Rococo is more of a style for children because it didn't show as much nudity or evil but baroque was more for adults because it showed nudity and evil and darkness, the darkness might scare children that are too young. Baroque is more of a dramatic style of painting and Rococo is more of a calm style of painting. I wonder how this two styles came to exist, do you know what inspired people to create these two different styles? Or do you think they were already there and someone just eventually gave name to them and defined them and spotted out their differences?
Maya Luisa
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 21

https://www.facebook.com/maya.oberdieck

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Hebert on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:01 pm

good topic, i like more the baroque art style, what i like the most about is the light and dark contrast. gives a feeling for the painting. good job mercedes Very Happy
Samuel Hebert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  martinka64_Kate on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 am

If I would have enough money to buy French paintings from those times I would definetly buy something of the rococo, because they are just so light, and not as emotional as the baroque style.
martinka64_Kate
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum