The Sea Peoples

Go down

The Sea Peoples

Post  frankiesmith28 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:21 pm

The Sea People were the most feared raiders in the Mediterranean. They would travel on boats around the Mediteranean and attack the coastal towns and cities. No one really knew who they were, people have guessed that they are Estruscan, Trojan, Italian, Philistine and Minoan, but it isn't certain. They were active from 1276-1178, mainly focussing on Egypt, because they wanted to try to stay there permanently, they know this because they found things on the boats that were equipment for building new homes. They were fighting against Egypt, Ramses III won by letting the Sea Peoples enter in through the Nile, and then attack them from behind. After that defeat, the Sea Peoples vanished from history.
frankiesmith28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

thanks

Post  Gloria H. on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:07 pm

thanks this summary really helped me remember the sea people, great review for the test, anotther fact: In Egyptian records of the second wave of Sea Peoples attacks in c. 1186 BC, during the reign of Pharaoh Rameses III, the Shardana, Teresh, and Shekelesh are still considered to be a menace.

Gloria H.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 15

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sea Peoples

Post  ebznski on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:21 am

I really hope that we are able to figure out why they disappeared from history. I always thought that these people were kind of cool since they sounded so mysterious.
ebznski
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sea Peoples

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum