The Future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Future

Post  Joshua T on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:29 pm

How will the world be like in 100 years? Many people predict that the life expectancy will be 150 years. This is due to the advances in medicines. Deadly diseases such as Cancer and AIDS will no longer be a worry for the citizens that live in this world. Medicine would be so advanced that there would be Gene Therapy. Gene Therapy is the modification of genes in the Human Body to make you immune to any diseases. Wars will no longer be fought by humans. Wars will be fought by robots that have been programmed to kill. These robots would be indestructible and very smart. Fossil Fuels will no longer exist. There would no longer be Gas, Oil, Petroleum, and Coal. The world would be run on Solar Power, Wind Energy, and Water Currents. People would become much smarter. There will be no longer be an Amazon Rainforest. All the trees would have been cut down and used for furniture, paper, and wood. Over 100,000 species would become extinct. Over 500,000 species would become endangered. There will no longer be a keyboard. A chip will be surgically implanted into your brain to control and command your computer. The world would over populate and people will be forced to live on Mars or even on the Moon. The ability to travel of the speed of light and teleportation would become possible. Cars would levitate. The oxygen would be so contaminated that people had to stay indoors at all times. The obesity percentage of the world would increase by 75 percent.

In 1964 a scientists named Isaac Asimov made predictions of what the world would be like in the year 2014. These were some of his predictions.

1. “Kitchen units will be devised that will prepare ‘automeals,’ heating water and converting it to coffee.”

2. “Complete lunches and dinners, with the food semiprepared, will be stored in the freezer until ready for processing.”

3. “The appliances of 2014 will have no electric cords, of course.”

4. “Much effort will be put into the designing of vehicles with ‘Robot-brains.""

5. “By 2014, only unmanned ships will have landed on Mars, though a manned expedition will be in the works and in the 2014 Futurama will show a model of an elaborate Martian colony.”

6. “For short-range travel, moving sidewalks (with benches on either side, standing room in the center) will be making their appearance in downtown sections.”

7. “Synchronous satellites, hovering in space will make it possible for you to direct-dial any spot on earth.”

8. “Communications will become sight-sound and you will see as well as hear the person you telephone.”

9. “The world of A.D. 2014 will have few routine jobs that cannot be done better by some machine than by any human being. Mankind will therefore have become largely a race of machine tenders.”

10. “There will be increasing emphasis on transportation that makes the least possible contact with the surface.”

As you could see these predictions were very accurate. What do you think the world will be like in 100 years?

Joshua T
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Future

Post  Romane D. on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Joshua that is a great topic, and I find it pretty cool the fact that our life expectancy will be 150 years old, even know its negative side of it, is that our world will become too crowed and there will be not enough space to let everyone fit. I think that this is a very important topic, the increase of population, that people should start worrying about and discussing. Excellent topic Josh! thumbs up 
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Yasper on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Josh! This topic can predict how our grandchildren lives will be. I think if the life expectancy will be so high due to medical advances the world might become a chaos and you will see a bigger social pyramid. Very interesting topic! Very Happy 

Yasper
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  JasmineW on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:16 pm

This topic is incredible. It makes us think so much of how the things we are doing now will decide what the future for us will be like. It makes me question how if i would do something differently, would it change something in the future?
JasmineW
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Marti Roy on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:31 am

Every time i think of the future, i see our death caused by us. As technology advances, we are slowely creating objects that can kill the human race, not only this, but we are realesing gasses that is causing pollution. My kids' kids will be in a world were volcanoes and tsunamis happen frequently, causing the end of the world. Thats my point of view of the future. Nice topic Josh, keep it up!  bounce 
Sarah Marti Roy
Research Assistant
Research Assistant

Student Rating : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  CicelyS on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:35 am

This is so fascinating. It's hard to believe that this mans predictions were so spot on. It makes me think about if people today are correct about what the world will be like in 100 years or maybe even sooner. So many changes are happening today that we might get to see things we never thought would be able to happen in our life time!
CicelyS
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum