Mission to the moon - salary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mission to the moon - salary

Post  CicelyS on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:21 am

When astronauts went to the moon for the first time, you would think this big accomplishment would pay well for those who actually went to the moon, but surprisingly enough, their salary was only $8 (about $50 dollars modern time). For many this may seem like a lot of money, but if you put it into perspective, it's a very low salary for those men. From their mission they earned fame but not a whole lot of money as you would think. Afterwards they most likely gained more money from making history, being in books, and from their jobs, than they did whilst on the moon.
CicelyS
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 16

Back to top Go down

Re: Mission to the moon - salary

Post  Taylor Lee on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Wow! I never realized that it cost that much money to go to the moon. It was a really great achievement for mankind but we could have done so much more with that amount of money. Like you said though, in perspective, it isn't that much money considering what they did. Good job Cicely
Taylor Lee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  frankiesmith28 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Wow that's really cool! I must be amazing to be able to float in mid air! Razz Nowadays astronauts earn $130,000 per year, I wish I earned that much!
frankiesmith28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Romane D. on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:28 am

WOW! That is super interesting, I think that it is a great accomplishment, imagine all the money that it cost! The reason for that is probably because before going to the moon they had to do years of studies. I would love to go to the moon!!! Great topic cic! thumbs up 
Romane D.
Graduate
Graduate

Student Rating : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Lee on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:51 am

frankiesmith28 wrote: I must be amazing to be able to float in mid air! :PNowadays astronauts earn $130,000 per year, I wish I earned that much!
You are right, it would be cool to be able to float in midair. It would also be nice to make that much per year for all of us. Then we could buy a lot of things.
Taylor Lee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Student Rating : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum